Moccona Me Time Competition – Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the Terms of Entry. Entry into the Moccona Me-Time Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In the event you we entered into this competition by another person, acceptance of the prize will be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU Pty Ltd (“Promoter”), Level 1/924 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072, ABN 82 051 278 409.
- The Competition is open to all Australian residents’ aged 18 and over. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
- The competition commences on Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 12:00 AEST and closes on Wednesday, 7 July 2021 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
- The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, the Moccona website: https://www.moccona.com.au (Website).
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must during the Competition Period:
- Go to the Website and complete the entry form including (but not limited to) their name and email address;
- Tell us, in 100 words or less, why they or someone they know is in need of some well-deserved Me-Time.
- The Promoter will judge all entries to determine winners.
- Entrants can nominate:
- themselves and another person together; or
- another person individually after obtaining permission to enter their personal details and be contacted by Moccona.
- Only one entry is permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit and a set of key criteria (as outlined under paragraph 12). All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Entries will be judged by the Promoter on a set of key criteria as follows:
- Impact on own life: Nominations that demonstrate a significant impact on the entrant’s life including how it may have impacted them financially, physically, emotionally and/or mentally.
- Impact on community: Entries that reveal personal sacrifice for the benefit of others including but not limited to their family, friends, colleagues, customers and/or other community groups.
- Uniqueness: How unique the individual’s experience/nomination is.
- Circumstances: Entries that reveal circumstances that are out of the individual’s control.
- Time: Nominations that demonstrate a significant and quantifiable impact on the individual’s Me-Time.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory, or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be judged by the Promoter at 121 Harrington Street, The Rocks Sydney NSW 2000 between Thursday, 8 July 2021 and Thursday, 15 July 2021.
- The winners will be notified in writing by email, by either the Promoter or its agency, and within 14 days of end of the Competition Period.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within 14 days of the winners being judged and the Promoter has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrant, then the Promoter will award the prize to another valid entrant as judged by the Promoter.
- All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one (1) major prize of an Ultimate Me-Time Holiday to the value of up to $10,000 (Major Prize).
- The winner of the Major Prize will be able to choose one (1) of three (3) destinations being Noosa Queensland, Kangaroo Valley South Australia or Tasmania (Destinations). This is subject to availability.
- Major Prize consists of:
- Two (2) x return economy airfares from the winner’s nearest capital city to the closest airport that Qantas flies to in relation to the winner’s chosen Destination;
- Return airport transfers to and from the hotel accommodation to and from the destination airport;
- Five (5) nights’ accommodation in a 4 or 5 star hotel for two adults. This will be provided by the Promoter;
- Meals for two adults during the holiday capped at a value of $2,000; and
- An ‘experience’ for two adults at the winner’s chosen destination. The experience will be from a select list of experiences provided to the winner by the Promoter. The experience will be subject to availability and capped at the value of AUD 1,000 in total.
- Accommodation and flight bookings are subject to availability. Blackouts periods including school holidays in Australian states may apply
- There are 125 Minor Prizes in total. Each Minor Prize will consist of One (1) Qantas Holidays Voucher to the value of $400.
Value of Prize Pool
- The total Prize Pool is valued at AUD $60,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the/each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
- Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 23/07/2022. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 23/07/2022. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Conditions of Prize
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be converted to cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize, will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming their prizes, other than what are stated under these Terms and Conditions, are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner and the winner’s guest (if relevant).
- In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prizes that encompass an external company component (such as a hotel, airline or cruise company), must work within the parameters of the external company. Prizes are subject to black-out periods and availability. Changes to bookings may arise at the discretion of these external companies, and the Promoter is not responsible for any changes to flight times, flight dates, booking changes, room availability and other booking inclusions that are beyond its control.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that all components of the prize be taken during the trip and all persons taking the trip depart from & return to the winner's nearest capital city at the same time unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter & that all persons taking the trip sign a waiver of liability & an indemnity in the form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Qantas Holiday Voucher Conditions (Minor Prize)
- For the Minor Prize, the voucher can only be used once, and any unused portion of the Voucher will be forfeited. The Minor Prize is valid until 1 July 2024.
- Each voucher can be used for part or full payment of your booking with Qantas Hotels or Qantas Holidays. If after using your voucher there is a balance remaining to be paid, you must pay this balance with a credit/charge card or through the use of Qantas Points if you are a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- If you make a change to your booking, any applicable change fees will need to be paid by you with a credit/charge card. if the value of your revised booking is greater than the original booking, you will be required to pay the difference with a credit/charge card to secure your revised booking. If the value of your revised booking is less than the original booking, you will be refunded the difference to the original method of payment (up to a maximum of the amount paid in cash or Qantas Points - any amount paid using a Voucher is non-refundable).
- If you cancel your booking, the value of the Voucher will not be refunded, except in certain circumstances under Australia Consumer Lawand no replacement Voucher will be issued. Any booking cancellation fees cannot be paid for using the Voucher, and will be payable by you with a credit/charge card.
- This Competition is running across Facebook and Instagram, which has its own technical requirements, terms and conditions and fair usage policies.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and/or Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Competition (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant releases Facebook and Instagram from all liability in relation to the competition and acknowledges that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and that any information provided by entrants is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Competition including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to provide the Promoter with a perpetual royalty-free licence to use and reproduce the Content of their entry, including their Facebook user name and image in any way including but not limited to the all of the Promoter’s social media pages and websites (and without compensation).
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- By participating in the Competition, the entrant warrants that their entry is original and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third parties. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant must assign all rights, title and interest to their entry to the Promoter without compensation. The Promoter may, if required, request that an entrant complete any documentation necessary to give effect to this assignment of right, title and interest.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law as well as any other implied warranties under similar consumer protection laws in Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof of identity, age, and residency. If any entry cannot be verified to the Promoter's satisfaction, the entry may be declared invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and may in its sole discretion disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone who in its opinion has tampered with the entry process, has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, has gained any unfair advantage or has won by fraudulent means.
- The Promoter and any other agencies associated with this Competition will not be responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems. Entries are deemed to be received at time of receipt by the Promoter's database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive at the time of receipt.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control this Competition is not capable of running as planned, for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to disqualify any entrant, or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings or the use of the Prize winnings. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
- If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other Terms and Conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) had not been inserted herein.
- By entering this Competition, entrants consent to the release of their information to the Promoter's agencies in order to assist with conducting the Competition, including contacting and verifying the identity of the Prize Winner and to fulfil delivery of the Prizes.
- All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to have their contact details (which may include their title, first name, surname, email, mobile or landline phone number, email address and post-code ), released to the Promoter and receiving ongoing marketing material and correspondence from the Promoter.