Clean Moccona jars, remove labels and rinse away all soapy water. If you're going to use a lid, remove the plastic cap because you don't want the succulents to sweat, they don't like soggy roots.
Prepare the soil
- Dry the inside with a paper towel to remove all water.
- A layer of horticultural charcoal helps remove odours and toxins that build up over time and damage your plants.
- Then add enough soil to anchor the plants and give the roots a bit of room to grow.
- Using long tweasers, place the largest succulent in the jar. Use a chopstick to gently press the soil around the succulent to secure it into place. Continue to add succulents but be sure not to overcrowd the area as they need room to grow.
- Spritz inside the jar gently, enough water to coat the succulents. The water will eventually reach the soil to feed the succulent. If you use a Moccona Lid only need to spritz with water once a fortnight as the water recirculates inside the jar. If you don't use the lid, spritz with water once a week...but remember, keep the water to a minimum so the roots don't rot.
- Place your terrarium in a sunny spot, not too much direct light as the glass will magnify the suns' rays.